Request for Proposal
Hort Innovation is seeking a suitably qualified, experienced and capable delivery partner for the project: Multi-pest surveillance and grower education to manage banana pests and diseases (BA21003).
The objectives of the services being sought are to:
- Conduct large scale surveillance of priority pests and diseases, including Panama disease, leaf spot (Yellow Sigatoka), leaf speckle, and banana bunchy top virus across major banana production regions, with close linkages and collaboration with BA18000.
- Collect data and monitor the status of priority pests and diseases across major banana production regions.
- Develop knowledge and tools for diagnosis of multiple high priority banana pests and diseases.
- Inform, educate and up-skill banana growers and their on-farm advisors to implement on-farm surveillance and best pest and disease management practices, with close linkages and collaboration with BA21004.
- Collaborate with the banana industry R&D coordinator (BA20002) and other key stakeholders to maximise the reach and impact of this project.
- Collaborate with levy-funded communication and extension programs (e.g., BA18001 and BA19004) in the generation of extension activities and resources to support change in grower KASA (knowledge, attitudes, skills, aspirations) and adoption of project outputs.
Hort Innovation has prepared a Request for Proposal (RFP) document that provides background information, outlines the scope of services, the procurement process and the information required from interested parties.
The RFP may be downloaded from www.tenders.net (you will need to be a member of tenders.net to access this information).
The closing date for responses is 5:00 PM (AEST), 7 October 2021.