Request for Proposal
Hort Innovation is seeking a suitably qualified, experienced and capable delivery partner for the project: Integrated disease management of citrus black spot, brown spot and black core rot (CT19010).
The overall objective of the program is to identify and make available complementary integrated disease management (IDM) tools for the effective management of citrus black spot, ‘Emperor’ brown spot and, to a lesser extent, citrus black core rot.
Specifically, the project aims to:
- Understand current IDM practices that are used and favoured among citrus growers for managing citrus black spot, ‘Emperor’ brown spot and, to a lesser extent, citrus black core rot
- Address the gaps in knowledge of the disease cycle and pathogen biology, particularly for citrus black rot, which can be exploited for improved disease control
- Develop improved low-input chemical, cultural and biological tools for managing black spot, citrus brown spot and, to a lesser extent, citrus black core rot
- Progress access to new chemical options for citrus black spot, citrus brown spot and, if feasible, identify options and use patterns for citrus black core rot that would fit into an IDM program and that can be further considered by Hort Innovation and industry
- Collaborate with existing and past projects and networks to communicate and extend new knowledge and practices from the project that will maximise adoption and commercial benefit across the citrus industry.
Hort Innovation has prepared a Request for Proposal (RFP) document that provides background information, outlines the scope of services, the procurement process and the information required from interested parties. The RFP may be downloaded from www.tenders.net (you will need to be a member of tenders.net to access this information).
The closing date for responses is 5.00pm (AEST), 11 May 2020.