Request for Proposal
Hort Innovation is seeking a suitably qualified, experienced, and capable private sector delivery partner for the project: Innovation at work – action research pilot (LP20000).
This investment aims to support Hort Innovations goal of growing the horticultural sector to $20 billion annual value by 2030 by:
- Supporting growth in demand, both domestically and globally
- Supporting profitable and collaborative industries
- Delivering world-class innovation, knowledge and networks
- Building staff capability within horticultural industries.
Current literature in Australia has identified that private sector advisors require support from the public sector, and that the future of extension provision will be based on public-private partnerships and co-innovation (Wellington et al., 2020). This investment will build off recommendation from the Stimulating Private Sector Extension in Australian Agriculture to Increase Returns from Research and Development report to develop and pilot more co-innovation models for engaging private sector in key extension functions.
The objectives of the services being sought are to:
- Strengthen pathways to extend the results of R&D, including further understanding of the barriers to adoption through private sector advisors.
- Generate knowledge, technologies, products or processes to benefit growers.
- Establish and foster industry, research and private sector advisor collaborations that form the basis for ongoing innovation and growth of Australian horticulture.
The proposed action research pilot will run in parallel with and complement existing extension initiatives and will be delivered through four phases. The outcome of the action research pilot will be designed to co-develop responses to agricultural innovation challenges and a ‘route to change’.
Hort Innovation has prepared a Request for Proposal (RFP) document that provides background information, outlines the scope of services, the procurement process and the information required from interested parties.
The RFP may be downloaded from www.tenders.net (you will need to be a member of tenders.net to access this information).
The closing date for responses is 5.00pm (AEDT), 5 February 2021.