Request for Proposal
Hort Innovation is seeking a suitably qualified, experienced and capable delivery partner for the project: Developing smarter and sustainable pear orchards to maximise fruit quality, yield and labour efficiency (AP19005).
The objective of the services being sought is to develop a pear orchard production system that maximises quality, yield and labour efficiency under increasing climate variability.
To do this, the secondary objectives are to:
- Further deliver appropriate training methods, planting density and rootstocks for new and pipeline pear varieties. This will be informed by previous work such as PIPS2 project (AP12002).
- Investigate crop regulation to minimise biennial bearing and maximise fruit quality and yield in pears.
- Determine the long-term effects of planting systems, rootstocks and training systems on yield, quality, irrigation, nutrition, soil health and pests/diseases.
- Deliver better understanding of the influence of weather extremes on fruit red colour in the new blush pear cultivars and help pear growers increase the consistency in fruit quality - key to accessing the rapidly expanding demand for these pears in Asia.
- Increase knowledge and practical use of artificial intelligence in sensing tree stress, crop load, fruit quality and fruit maturity - recommend sensors and generate user guidelines.
- Communicate findings in a clear and practical format to growers and wider industry.
Hort Innovation has prepared a Request for Proposal (RFP) document that provides background information, outlines the scope of services, the procurement process and the information required from interested parties. The RFP may be downloaded from www.tenders.net (you will need to be a member of tenders.net to access this information).
The closing date for responses is 5.00pm (AEST), 20 April 2020.