Request for Proposal
Hort Innovation is seeking a suitably qualified, experienced and capable delivery partner for the project: Advancing sustainable and technology driven apple orchard production systems (AP19003).
The objective of the services being sought is to develop better knowledge of an apple orchard production system that maximises quality, yield and labour efficiency under an increasing climate variability.
To do this, the secondary objectives are to:
- Develop crop load, training systems, pruning and irrigation optimisation for yield, quality and labour efficiency in new and emerging apple cultivars.
- Optimise production systems for delivery of apples that meet consumer expectations related to cultivars, quality, taste, sweetness, size, and colour.
- Develop orchard design techniques, tools and management practices that enhance the ability of orchards to manage climate variability and weather extremes.
- Investigate risks/ benefits and implementation strategies of regenerative agriculture in a perennial apple orchard system.
- Develop pathways to high productivity robotics ready apple orchard systems.
- Communicate findings in a clear and practical format to growers and wider industry.
Hort Innovation has prepared a Request for Proposal (RFP) document that provides background information, outlines the scope of services, the procurement process and the information required from interested parties. The RFP may be downloaded from www.tenders.net (you will need to be a member of tenders.net to access this information).
The closing date for responses is 5.00pm (AEST), 20 April 2020.