Request for Proposal
Hort Innovation is seeking a suitably qualified, experienced and capable delivery partner for the project: Accelerating adoption of best management practices in Australia's onion industry through integrated grower-led communications and extension (VN21000).
The intended outcomes include:
The development of grower-focused communication and extension projects that leads to increased awareness and, in turn, practice change associated with best management practices, innovations and technologies originating from R,D&E investments through:
- Identifying the constraints and opportunities responsible for maximising sustainable and profitable production across the major onion producing regions of Australia through the establishment of and support to existing onion grower group networks
- Supporting and facilitating practice change through knowledge transfer to the onion industry value chain on research findings, best practices, emerging risks and opportunities through regional grower group networks and onion industry-focused communication initiatives.
- Undertaking a range of regionally specific on-farm activities (based on local group and industry needs analysis) that engage all value chain stakeholders and address specific opportunities to enhance farming systems’ profitability and sustainability.
- Identifying on-farm agronomic production system constraints (from an R,D&E investment perspective) to help positively influence future investment priorities for the industry and ensure positive synergy with other Hort Innovation onion and broader vegetable crop project investments.
- Enhancing communication and sharing of knowledge and information on technical developments in the onion industry on a regional and national basis, engaging with all value chain stakeholders.
- Increased understanding of the levy system and the role of Hort Innovation within the industry.
Hort Innovation has prepared a Request for Proposal (RFP) document that provides background information, outlines the scope of services, the procurement process and the information required from interested parties.
The RFP may be downloaded from www.tenders.net (you will need to be a member of tenders.net to access this information).
The closing date for responses is 3.00pm (AEST), 08 June 2022.